What is Alpha?
Alpha is a practical introduction to the Christian faith. Our intent with Alpha is to provide an opportunity to explore what authentic Christianity is all about.
Alpha is a safe place to ask honest questions about life , faith, and God.
Along the way there will be great opportunities for meeting new friends and learning together.
But really, what’s it about?
- It’s for anyone interested in finding out more about the Christian faith. Adults of all ages are welcome;
- Learning and laughter. It is possible to learn about the Christian faith and to have fun at the same time;
- People meeting together. An opportunity to get to know others and to make new friends;
- Helping one another. The small groups give you a chance to discuss issues raised during the talks;
- Asking anything. Alpha is a place where no question is seen as too simple or too hostile.
Who is Alpha for?
Alpha is for everyone! It’s especially geared to:
- People interested in investigating Christianity;
- Newcomers to the church;
- New Christians;
- Those who feel that they have never really got going as a Christian;
- Those who want to brush up on the basics.
What happens at Alpha?
There is a series of talks on topics such as:
- Who Is Jesus?
- Why Did Jesus Die?
- Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- Why and How Do I Pray?
- What About the Holy Spirit?
- How Can I Overcome Evil?
- Why and How Should I Tell Others?
- Does God Heal Today?
- What About the Church?
First we have a meal together and then there is an Alpha talk. After each talk there is a small-group time for everyone to discuss any questions or issues they have. This gives an opportunity to get to know each other and to learn together.
When and Where?
A 10-week course will begin soon. Contact Ed Rak or Grada Racine if you are at all interested in attending a class.
Online Alpha Resources
For more information on Alpha check out the Alpha web site (www.alpha.org ).