What is Alpha?
Alpha is a practical introduction to the Christian faith. Our intent with Alpha is to provide an opportunity to explore what authentic Christianity is all about
Alpha is a safe place to ask honest questions about life , faith, and God.
Along the way there will be great opportunities for meeting new friends and learning together.
Have a look at this youtube video preview.
But really, what’s it about?
- It’s for anyone interested in finding out more about the Christian faith. Adults of all ages are welcome;
- Learning and laughter. It is possible to learn about the Christian faith and to have fun at the same time;
- People meeting together. An opportunity to get to know others and to make new friends;
- Helping one another. The small groups give you a chance to discuss issues raised during the talks;
- Asking anything. Alpha is a place where no question is seen as too simple or too hostile.
Who is Alpha for?
Alpha is for everyone! It’s especially geared to:
- People interested in investigating Christianity;
- Newcomers to the church;
- New Christians;
- Those who feel that they have never really got going as a Christian;
- Those who want to brush up on the basics.
What happens at Alpha?
There is a series of talks on topics such as:
- Who Is Jesus?
- Why Did Jesus Die?
- Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- Why and How Do I Pray?
- What About the Holy Spirit?
- How Can I Overcome Evil?
- Why and How Should I Tell Others?
- Does God Heal Today?
- What About the Church?
First we have a meal together and then there is an Alpha talk. After each talk there is a small-group time for everyone to discuss any questions or issues they have. This gives an opportunity to get to know each other and to learn together.
When and Where?
Alpha’s next start date is Thursday, September 8th (at 6:30pm). It will be held at the church building. Use the Growth Groups page to contact us and join us.
Online Alpha Resources
For more information on Alpha check out the Alpha web site (alphausa.org ).