***** Growth Groups 2023 *****
Growth groups meet weekly for 10-12 weeks. The size of a small group is 3 to 15 people. There is a Fall session, a Winter session, and a Spring session, with breaks between each. The growth groups are an opportunity to:
- Grow in your faith;
- Step out of your comfort zone into a safe environment with new people and new ideas;
- Allow casual friendships to form without feeling a need to get too personal;
- Develop friends who could then become more intimate friends outside of the group;
- Receive prayer if you so desire.
Please contact Dan Rak for more information.
Consider joining one of the Winter 2022 Growth Groups to help you in your walk with God.
- Wednesdays, 6:30 – 8:45 pm, in the Blue Room
- January 18 – March 29 (with one Saturday session)
- Includes dinner, Alpha presentation, and discussion
Alpha is a group where we explore life’s big questions. Example questions are “Is There More To Life Than This?”, “Who Is Jesus?”, “Why Did Jesus Die?” and “How Can I Have Faith?”. We respect the various perspectives of others in the group. It is a group where we can get to build relationships with others. Our Alpha group is part of a national ministry alphausa.org
- Tuesdays, 7:00 – 8:30pm, in the parsonage, (12 S 7th Ave)
- Starts January 17
In this growth group we will dive into the book of Esther. God’s name is not mentioned at all in this book, yet His hand of deliverance is evident throughout. Led by Joseph Onesimus.
Reasonable Faith – Christian Aplogetics
- Thursdays, 7:00 – 8:30pm, in the Blue Room
- Starts January 19
Are there good reasons to believe Christianity is true? Do you want training to help you with “always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you” (1 Peter 3:15)? If this sounds interesting to you then come join us! We will be studying Christian apologetics with Dr. William Lane Craig’s book and videos On Guard. We will learn how to respond with well thought out answers and evidence to the following questions:
- Can we be good without God?
- How can a good God permit suffering?
- Did Jesus rise from the dead?
- and many others…
Led by Kevin Wernis.
Dinner and a Movie
- Tuesdays, 6:45-9pm, at Ed Rak’s home in Westchester
- Starts January 17
Begins with dinner and includes a movie, discussion, and prayer. This group has been meeting together a long time and feels like family. You are welcome to join!
(But first let Ed know you are coming so he can make sure you have a place at the table.)
Growth Group Sign up